Saturday, January 12, 2008

peace in solvibility

Complexity needs a payoff. That it's not just complexity but a mystery or puzzle that has a solution. Otherwise it’s just frustrating and contemptible. The puzzle's solution may not be known by you, but the fact that one exists makes it acceptable. This is the prime problem with naturalistic theories for the meaning of life; most end with there being none. All this complexity in life and no meaning or purpose to it? Terrible! Thankfully I don't believe that.

I can tell you that because of my great education, and clear thinking, I don't immediately believe the conclusions scientists give. But without having read the books I have, you only have my repudiation or charisma to believe, not that I actually know anything about science. It's natural to do this, I do for lots of issues, like what movies are good, what businesses to avoid, and how to vote. I trust other people who tell me they know what’s the right choice. Not so much with religion and science. (And religion basically contains all of philosophy as well.) These subjects are so important I believe you should know them first hand, as completely as possible, rather than going on others opinions. Things like restaurants and voting are about how to sort things, but topics of God and physics are about how reality is! Doesn't it seem reasonable to know for yourself how the matter that makes up our reality works and acts? And what our purpose in life is as creatures that exist?

Without and understanding of how the world turns, and what is under our feet, a person is prey to all sorts of delusions and misinformation. Tomorrow I'll look at some examples of how accurate knowledge will improve your existence as a human being.

Grady Houger ~ 70% H2O

Knoledge puts control of your mind in your own hands!

No comments: